GOD’S WILL AND MY DREAMS - DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
Talk about one or more of the following with a friend or family member.
- Tell a funny story about a time when things didn’t work out the way you thought they were going to. What were you expecting to happen? What happened instead? Why was that funny?
- Who is the best planner you know? What makes them good at getting things done?
- Would you rather be in charge of building a house, planning an international trip, or directing a play? Why did you choose the answer you did?
Discuss with someone who can point you back to Jesus and His love for you.
- Do you tend to be more open-handed or close-fisted? Does your answer change depending on the setting or topic (at home, at work, with your time, with your money, etc.)? Talk about why that is.
- Sometimes we have to let go of our expectations in order to receive what God wants to give us. Share a time when that was true for you in the past, or an area of your life where that might be true now.
- Is there anything in your thinking, acting, feeling, or planning for the future that Jesus is asking you to set down? If Jesus is asking you to set that down, what promise does He want to give you
in its place?