Talk about one or more of the following with a friend or family member.
- How did your family celebrate Christmas when you were growing up? How did they celebrate Good Friday and Easter? Share a special memory from your childhood.
- How many times have you moved houses or cities in your life? Which moves were the most difficult? Which were easiest? Why?
- Talk about one major life event that happened in the last five years, and one that is going to happen in the next five years. What thoughts or emotions are connected to those events?
Discuss with someone who can point you back to Jesus and His love for you.
- When Mary heard the promise that she would be the mother of Jesus, she responded, “Let it be to me according to Your word.” What would it mean to say that to God in your present life circumstance? What would you expect to happen next?
- Sometimes prayer seems easy and natural; sometimes prayer seems difficult and only gets harder. Have you experienced either or both of those? What was the situation? What was the outcome? Where or how did you see Jesus at work?
- From the cross, Jesus made sure His mother Mary was cared for by John. What relationships has Jesus put in your life to care for you and to point you to Him? How have you heard comfort or promise from someone in your life this week?